Lucid provides a solid collection of developer resources that open up a world of possibilities for those looking to enhance their Lucid experience. With a variety of tools and APIs available, we provide endless support and opportunities for customers looking to build something for private use—whether you want to create custom shape libraries to better map out company-specific processes, embed Lucid documents in your own resources, diagram private company data, or something else entirely.
Today, we’re excited to share new tools developers can use to level up their Lucid game.
New API use cases
Lucid’s comprehensive API documentation empowers developers to leverage the platform's full potential. An exciting evolution of our broader developer platform, now you can customize and augment the functionality of Lucid editors.
Explore these new offerings to elevate your work:
Embed documents in an external location for easy access and a streamlined workflow.
Embed existing assets, like links, videos, or diagrams, within Lucid documents for added context.
Easily visualize and collaborate on tasks, tickets, and to-dos with custom cards, so you can move seamlessly from ideation to action.
Visualize any system, diagram, process, or structure with any data type using bidirectional syncing capabilities.
Custom shape libraries
Quickly create custom shape libraries to enhance your Lucid experience and standardize best visualization practices, with the option of wide distribution.
Why build on the Lucid platform?
Building on the Lucid platform offers several advantages.
- Customize Lucid to suit your use case: Build custom-tailored solutions for your team’s needs using Lucid’s dynamic offerings.
- Bring visualization into your workflows: Enhance understanding, improve communication, and boost creative collaboration with Lucid’s powerful visualization capabilities.
- Improve your Lucid experience by importing your own assets: Make Lucid work for you by leveraging the work you’ve already done and incorporating your existing resources.
- Build advanced workflows for your teams: By investing in advanced workflows, you can empower teams to work more efficiently and stay competitive in a rapidly changing business landscape.
Other developer resources available
The developer portal invites customers to publish and efficiently distribute their apps and integrations. Within the developer portal, builders can create and manage their applications, submit apps for publication, view version histories, add collaborators with different roles, create marketplace listings, and view developer resources.
The Lucid developer community serves as a valuable resource for developers to learn, collaborate, and find answers to their most challenging technical questions. And with tips and updates on the latest endpoints, announcements, and tools, you’ll have everything you need to get started at your fingertips.
Explore all our developer resources.Go now
Lucid Software is a pioneer and leader in visual collaboration dedicated to helping teams build the future. With its products—Lucidchart, Lucidspark, and Lucidscale—teams are supported from ideation to execution and are empowered to align around a shared vision, clarify complexity, and collaborate visually, no matter where they are. Lucid is proud to serve top businesses around the world, including customers such as Google, GE, and NBC Universal, and 99% of the Fortune 500. Lucid partners with industry leaders, including Google, Atlassian, and Microsoft. Since its founding, Lucid has received numerous awards for its products, business, and workplace culture. For more information, visit lucid.co.
- Announcing new Lucid resources to support developers
Learn how to build tailored integrations with Lucid and get support on complex projects with Lucid’s developer community.
- The value of a single source of truth in product development
Learn how to create a single source of truth to help your teams gain alignment, increase transparency, and move faster.
- Lucid integrations guide: How to supercharge your tech stack
Explore Lucid's rich ecosystem of integrations with other popular collaboration tools you’re already using, and bring the simplicity of visual collaboration to your entire workflow.
- Rethinking the meeting mindset: How to decide if you actually need a meeting
Use these guidelines to reduce costly meetings, improve efficiency, and boost collaboration across your organization.